If you need to adjust the previous year total paid that will appear on a 1099-MISC form, launch tool # 990 "Work with AP Vendors", select the vendor, then click the Update 1099 Misc for Prev Year button and update the amount that should be reported on form 1099-MISC. 

This must be done after January 1 but prior to the deadline set in your Year-End Processing Guide (typically within the first week of January) if you want the change to be included on the printed 1099-MISC form.